Friday, October 11, 2013

I Love The Farm.

Wednesday, October 9th, we took a class trip to the Agricultural School Winklhof that was about 45 minutes away. We got to see a whole different side of the education they receive in the country side. This school is more private and has kids from the ages of 14-18. For the first hour, we sat down in groups and conversed with the students. All of them didn't speak english very well but we were able to get around. Next we started our tour around some of the buildings and more importantly the farm! We got to see the cows, calves, pigs, dogs, chickens, hens, horses...they were all soooooo cute!


After our tour we headed to the Schnapps building where they make their own Schnapps and we were all given samples! We all tried the apple and then some tried pear after that (which I of course tried). He told us that a liter of the schnapps that they make from berries there costs roughly 100Euros. Our next and last stop was the market area. Our professor told us that the best cheese and bread are there, so of course I didn't hesitate and bought half a loaf of bread, a huge block of cheese and a small glass jug of pineapple yogurt...only spent about 6 euros and I still have most of my cheese and some bread....the yogurt was too good. I am definitely going to go back to make pictures and buy more stuff at the market (Mom you would love the market, it's so cute and the views of the mountain are beautiful). 


Thursday, October 10th, normal classes but we planned it to be Trachten Thursday so I got to wear my dirndl once again. After dinner, my roommate and I went over to one of our friends host mothers house and had some wine and relaxed for the night. 

Friday, October 11th....today I woke up at 2pm, but asides the fact I slept forever, IT SNOWED! I look out the window and can see the first snowfall on the tops of the mountain and it is so beautiful and so exciting! A couple of us are heading out to dinner soon and then most of us are meeting up at the Augustiner (best brewery) to watch a huge soccer game that is happening tonight around 8:45. Can't wait!

By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY GRANDMA TODAY! Wish I could be with my family to celebrate for her birthday and my Uncle Mikes birthday! But happy birthday to you both, love and miss you! (Mom or michelle, show this to them when you get to Aunt Maria and Uncle Mikes house).

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl:

    All sounds wonderful and we sure missed you at the family gathering but Skyping is the next best thing!! Love n miss you too much, Mom

    ReplyDelete