Sunday, October 20, 2013

Vienna, Austria....You Are Beautiful.

What an amazing start to my 2 week adventure. 16 days are packed up in my backpack and it's hard to believe that 4 days are already complete. Vienna is absolutely gorgeous. We arrived here on Friday morning at about 11am and saw so much! We went on a little walk and then went to the Naschmarkt and the food was incredible, I got a giant chicken gyro-like sandwich for only 3 Euros! We stayed in the Wombats hostel and went on so many tours with the program. It was exhausting but it was all worth it. So I guess I'll just start off with some pictures!


A beautiful view of Vienna from the top of Saint Stefens Cathedral. We had to walk up about a 350 step spiral staircase. 



This guy. Enough said haha,


Towards the end of our tour we saw the Hofburg Empiral Palace. 


The drink menu at the bar in the Wombats hostel. Met some awesome people there! Also met some guys from New York and one of those guys lives 10 minutes from SUNY Purchase! There were lots of people our age which was good so if anyone ever goes somewhere and there is a Wombats near by, I suggest it! Also they played 100% in the Bitch by Porter Robinson and Animals by Martin Garrix (Linds I wish you were there for that! Haha) 


Just hanging out with Athena during another your we had. 


Not paying attention...getting a little tired from the constant tours.


This was an amazing photo gallery we went to! Got 2 awesome postcards of Austrian photographers. This whole area is now a very "hipster" place to hang out. 


Bike traffic lights on the corners...casual haha. So cute. 


A delicious "Saladpizza" I got for lunch at a restaurant on some side street. It was literally a pita filled with massive amounts of lettuce, fresh mozzarella, tomato and oil...sooooo good! (Michelle and mom, you would love this!)


Our tour to Schloß Schönbrun. Absolutely beautiful. The following 4 photos are from here as well....





After our long day, some of us decided to go out to one of what is to be known as the best clubs in Vienna. Unfortunately, When we got there, not very one had enough money to pay the 10€ cover charge/ wasn't willing to pay it so we just walked around. Luckily we were in the area of a carnival so everything was lite up and beautiful. 


We didn't go on any rides so we made out way back to the hostel and went to bed. 

Sunday was finally a free day for us, so my roommate and I decided to go to the vineyards for some wine tasting. I tried 6 different wines and was not disappointed once. I also tried this soup with sliced pancakes in it, it was interesting to say the least. We got to the vineyards at around 11 and didn't leave until 4 because the sun came out and the view was gorgeous. 






What a perfect Sunday. 

Monday was our last day in Vienna until the group could split apart and do their own thing. We took a tour of the United Nations building and the Vienna State Opera house! These are just a couple of the photos from the Opera house that were on my phone. 



Around 3oclock we were finally free so of course a bunch of us found a Starbucks and got our American fix. Yet again the Austrians didn't spell my name right but it's closer than "Chirol", "Sarah" or "Gerald" haha.


After our delicious Starbucks (my obsession, I can't go without...Ariana I know you are the only one who understands it haha) we headed to a Forever 21 we found and then an H&M and I got a shirt for 3 euros! Oh by the way, did I mention that we went to a brewery one night and I built up the courage to give one of the waiters there a little note before we left...
When in Vienna! 

Checked out of our hostel and headed towards our train that was leaving for Florence at 7:30pm! Wooooooooo!

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl:

    WOW! What a beautiful country! You still have so much more to see and I look forward to your next blog! Be safe. We love and miss you sooooo much! Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to go to Wombat's! Also, that pita sandwich was the size of your face! Ah! I miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete