Sunday, March 10, 2013

Les Poissons


http://www.shortoftheweek.com/2011/06/29/les-poissons/

-I know John says post photographs or texts, however I really enjoy short films so I figured I would post  them every once and a while! Above is a short trailer of the actual 5 minute short film, Les Poissons, that you can watch by clicking on the link I also posted. I wanted to watch this film because in Jo-Ann's portrait class, our current assignment is to read 3 instructional texts; Instructions on How to Cry, Instructions on How to Sing, and Instructions on How to Comb the Hair, and then make a photograph for each text. This short film is "a poetic reflection on youth and all its firsts: sights, sounds, smells, tastes and touches" (Jason Sondhi). Reading this description alone made me want a taste on how each of these were portrayed and hopefully inspire me for my portrait class assignment. It sure did! Watch the film and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment