Tuesday, March 5, 2013

One Summer Across America

"The call of the open road seduces me. It promises a complete escape from life’s daily struggles and responsibilities. It grants absolute freedom and anonymity. On the road there are no worries about what people think or expect. There’s no future – or past – no family or friends. Nothing exists anymore except the moment."
-quote by Bobby Abrahamson about his series One Summer Across America in 2002

This text appealed to me because I felt like I was able to relate to him in a way. Whenever I feel stressed or aggravated, sometimes I will just get in my car and drive, even if I don't have a destination. There is something so relaxing to me about just being alone, in my car, and being able to go almost anywhere I want. And it's not just about being able to get away, but being able to adventure and find things during the journey on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment