Tuesday, March 5, 2013

On The Sixth Day

"The animals cannot foresee their future, they cannot amend the present by understanding their past."
-quote from Robert Blakes essay about Alessandra Sanguinettis book, On The Sixth Day

As I was researching about Alessandra Sanguinettis work, I stumbled upon an essay that Robert Blake wrote. This quote really jumped out at me because it became apparent to me how capable people are at being able to change the way they want their future to end up; animals don't have this option. Some of them (whether kept at farms or in someones house) don't have a choice, nor do they understand that their future is probably already set for them at this point. Although this made me feel heartbroken for these animals, but it also made me realize how fortunate we are in being able to choose how we want our lives to end up, for the most part. We should take advantage of that. 

No comments:

Post a Comment