Sunday, September 22, 2013

Another Adventurous Weekend.

And here comes another long update of my weekend!

Well unfortunately my week had a downfall, I got food poisoning or some stomach virus one night and I'll just say I kept waking up and it was a long night. The following day though, I slept for 13 hours and was pretty much cured. Thursday was one of our friends birthday so we had cake in between classes at the college with everyone and it was also U.S Consular Day which was very interesting because we had a an hour to ask questions and talk to the US Consul. After this we left for a field trip to Schloss Hellbrunn to visit an Italian styled villa with trick fountains. This so called Palace was so incredible and the quick 30 minute tour was still long enough to get our whole class a little wet with the water from some of the hidden trick fountains around the villa and it's gardens. After the tour we walked around the rest of the gardens to see the gazebo that was used in The Sound of Music that was also on the property. So cool!





Friday, September 20th, a really long day was ahead of us. We had a trip for the whole day to Upper Austria where we, first went to Mauthausen and took a 2.5 hr tour of the concentration camps, then went to a Monastery and took another hour tour, then headed to a small town called Hallstadt which was an amazing way to end this very diverse trip. Although the class trip was over, my day was not (along with some of the other students taking photography classes). We got back into Salzburg and headed straight to a photo opening at a gallery in town at 7:30pm for Yukihiro Yoshihara! This was my favorite thing all day (of course). We checked out his work in the gallery, watched a 30 minute film he put together, and then listened to his lecture. All amazing! Then we met up with our photo professor and the 5 of us (students) were invited to a more personal sit down with some of the people that were at the opening, their families and Yukihiro, his wife and son. We got free food and wine! There were about 15-20 I would say and it was so cool. I felt so privileged. What a day :D  





Saturday, September 21st, our last trip of the weekend where we went to The Eagle's Nest in Germany.  Although it was cloudy that day and by the time we made it to the top, we were basically in a cloud and couldn't see anything, it was yet again, another experience I could add on to my list. 



Oh yeah I forgot to mention some other things. On our trip on friday, my friend swat a bee because it was buzzing around him and annoying him and he wound up slapping it right into my leg and it stung me (Fetky Cloud right mom? Lol). My roommate luckily got the stinger out in the bathroom before we started the tour. Also, saturday morning I tried what I think was the Austrian style of go-gurt yogurt. Haha. It was in a big carton and it was so delicious!


And lastly, today we have a free day finally! There is St. Ruperts festival going on in town which I am very excited for. So I will blog more about that after! 

1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, just amazing! I am so glad you are feeling better. I couldn't help but laugh about the bee - it's so typical! Love n miss you loads, Mom (Dad, too!)

    ReplyDelete