Monday, September 2, 2013

The Journey Has Begun.

Wow. I can't believe these past 2 days. So many memories already. 

Yesterday I boarded my plane at about 4:45pm, flight took off at 5:30pm. I was in an isle seat thank goodness and had such a nice family from London sitting next to me. But of course my luck isn't always good. They go around giving snacks, and forget me. Then I asked for a blanket and they said they didn't have any (meanwhile the kid 2 rows ahead just opened one up and used it). The woman next to me was kind enough to let me borrow her sons jacket as a blanket and I was drinking some tea and of course, BAM, I knock over the tea. All over my legs, the airplane pillow and the jacket. As I am trying to wipe it up, the sugar was open and it poured out all over the jacket. I just started laughing and the woman says "today is not your day". The plane finally landed safely and the woman then turned to me, handed me a small silver angel and said "this is an angel for when you're not having the best of days. Or whenever you're missing your family and feeling homesick. Just hold onto her and it will be okay." 

Now I have about a 2 hour layover in Dublin, Ireland. To kill some time I brushed my teeth in the bathroom, sat in a little breakfast area and then continued to my gate to people watch of course. Boarded the plane around 7:00am (their time), got another isle seat (CHAMPIONSHIP!) and departed at 7:25am. The flight was a little over 2 hours so I figured I could sleep the whole way, but of course not because there had to be not 1 but 2 crying babies 3 rows ahead of me. Dandy. Landed safely again in Munich, Germany at about 10:25am (their time) and I got my luggage easily, walked to the meeting point in the airport and met up with other students in the Salzburg College Program. Let the friendships begin. We took a short 30 minute train ride from the airport strait into the main city area and walked 2 blocks to our hostel, which is where we will be staying for the next 3 nights before galavanting off to Salzburg! I've already seen so many amazing things in just a day and drank a beer of course. Can't wait to see what adventures we have planned for tomorrow!

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl:

    I thought you would have left the "FETKY CLOUD" back in the USA! LOL!

    Dad & I are so happy you have arrived safely! Hope you are feeling better.
    Have the time of your life and treasure every moment! We miss you so much already! Can't wait to Skype. Love you very much, Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mama and papa! I will blog again tonight! <3 miss you guys too much.

    ReplyDelete