Sunday, September 22, 2013

St. Rupert's Festival

Today was finally a free day! And luckily St. Rupert's Festival was going on (it ends on tuesday). It's supposedly a mini Oktoberfest so of course I was going. A bunch of us from the program got together and met up around 12pm to walk over to the festival. First thing I bought, BEER! We sat in this huge tent and there was a band playing on the stage and it was pretty crazy. Then we walked around and I bought this awesome sandwich with sausage, sauerkraut, and mustard. I also bought a dirndl that I am going to wear at Oktoberfest when we go next weekend. This little festival made me that much more excited for it too. Anyways, dirndls are generally very expensive, I have been seeing ones I like for about 150 euro. Guess how much I got mine for?? 40 EURO! :D I could not pass that offer up. Then we went back into the big Spiegel tent and got another beer. This time I got a radler and it was beer mixed with grapefruit, so delicious (Michelle you gotta try it if you haven't yet). As if I wasn't full enough, me and my friend split a chocolate covered pretzel which was only 2.80 euro and it was bigger than my face. I am still in a food coma as I am writing this. I was able to make a lot of pictures during the festival too which made me extremely happy. One thing I found interesting was that whenever people noticed me taking their photo, they seemed to encourage it, which I loved! I am definitely heading back to the festival before it ends, especially since the weather is finally going to be nice for the next few days. NO MORE RAIN!
































1 comment:

  1. ohhh! it sounds like a brass monkey (beer n OJ) but better!

    ReplyDelete